The Rehabilitation Center
What is Rehabilitation Medicine?
Rehabilitation describes specialized healthcare dedicated to improving, maintaining or restoring physical strength, cognition and mobility with maximized results. Typically, rehabilitation helps patients gain greater independence after illness, injury or surgery.
Always delivered by a diverse team of experts, the rehabilitation process blends many specialties for the best treatment plan, resulting in the best outcome.
The Rehabilitation Specific specialties include but are not limited to:
- 24 hr Medical & Nursing care that supports the rehabilitation process.
- Intense physical therapy to maximize strength, mobility and function.
- Occupational therapy to improve everyday living skills
- Speech, language & swallowing therapy to improve communication & nutrition
Enhanced healing and function with rehabilitation therapy
Rehabilitation plays a critical role in healing, repair and recovery in a wide range of injuries, illnesses and conditions:
- Improves speech, everyday skills and mobility in stroke, head injury and other neurological disorders
- Strengthens bones and promotes muscular healing after total joint replacement surgery and other orthopedic surgery
- Maximizes function and independence after spinal cord injury
- And many others
The rehabilitation process combines a team of expert doctors, nurses, therapists and other healthcare professionals with advanced technology. Each rehabilitation plan is is personalized to meet each patient’s diverse individual needs.
The Rehabilitation Center is an acute inpatient rehabilitation unit located on the second floor of Central Florida Regional Hospital, in Sanford, FL. With 13 all private rooms, we are proud to be the only comprehensive medical rehabilitation unit in Seminole County.
Because The Rehabilitation Center is located within a hospital, it is a comfort to our patients and families to know they have immediate access complete hospital services, including physicians & emergency services, laboratory & diagnostics 24/7. We also offer onsite hemodialysis.
We offer individualized therapy programs utilizing a variety of different environments, including a new gym and activity of daily living suite. Our interdisciplinary team will work with you to return you to the highest possible level of independence. Through the rehabilitation process, people are able to minimize or even overcome physical or cognitive disabilities brought on by injury or illness.
If you, or a family member would like to take a tour of The Rehabilitation Center, please call: