New Nursing School Instructor Orientation Information and Materials
Instructions: One month before the start of the students’ clinical rotation, contact Staff Development to schedule a date and time for an instructor’s orientation/reorientation. Instructor needs to allow 3 – 4 Hours to complete this orientation. Forms to be completed and submitted to Staff Development prior to orientation:
- Instructor Record(PDF - 55.5k)
- Confidentiality and Security Agreement
- Statement of Responsibility(PDF - 5.65k)
Self-learning Packets to be completed prior to orientation and post-tests (or documentation of on-line completion) submitted to Staff Development:
- CFRH Orientation Self-learning Packet(PDF - 1.06MB)
- CFRH Orientation Self-learning Packet Post-test Answer Sheet(PDF - 187k)
- CFRH Student Nurse Orientation Self-learning Packet(PDF - 486k)
- CFRH Student Nurse Orientation Self-learning Packet Post-test Answer Sheet(PDF - 180k)
Click on the link to the post-test answer sheets and print out. Complete the post-tests at the end of each packet and submit the answer sheets to Staff Development
Please NOTE: New instructors are strongly encouraged to attend our hospital-wide orientation – Clinical Staff Orientation, Nursing Orientation, and Meditech/eMAR Training in lieu of completing the Student Nurse Orientation packet. Please call Staff Development to schedule.
- Welcome and review Instructor Handbook and Guidelines(PDF - 340k)
- Service Excellence/Patient Experience Trainingto – be completed during the student's orientation class.
- Meditech Training
- Complete and submit documentation to Staff Development for:
- Fit-testing for N95 mask
- Bedside Glucose Monitoring at CFRH Test and Competency
- Body Mechanics and Lifting Equipment Competency – to be completed during the student’s orientation class.
- Restraint Test and Competency
- Code of Conduct Self-Study or attendance at Orientation Code of Conduct
- Pyxis Tutorial and print certificate. Submit certificate to & signed Pyxis Access form to Staff Development
- .Go to Human Resources to have name badge made.
- Tour nursing unit where director/designee will complete Department-specific Orientation Checklist for instructor.