Guidelines for Nursing Student Orientation
Self-learning Packets to be completed prior to orientation and post-tests (or documentation of on-line completion) submitted to Staff Development:
- CFRH Orientation Self-learning Packet (PDF - 1.00 MB)
- CFRH Orientation Self-Learning Packet Test (PDF - 37.7 KB)
- CFRH Orientation Self-learning Packet Post-test Answer Sheet (PDF - 64.4 KB)
- CFRH Student Nurse Orientation Self-learning Packet (PDF - 3.35 MB)
- CFRH Student Nurse Orientation Self-Learning Test (PDF - 105 KB)
- CFRH Student Nurse Orientation Self-learning Packet Answer Sheet (PDF - 61.1 KB)
- Complete HCA Code of Conduct Self-Study at school & submit attestation of completion.
Student Orientation Class (Date and Time to be scheduled with Leanna Howsden)
- Welcome and review Student Handbook and Guidelines (PDF - 3.35 MB)
- Service Excellence/Patient Experience Training
- Meditech Training
Complete and submit documentation to Staff Development for:
- HCA Code of Conduct Self-Study Training
- Fit-testing for N95 mask
- Bedside Glucose Monitoring at CFRH Test and Competency
- Restraint Test and Competency
Go to Human Resources to have name badge made.
Tour nursing unit with instructior completing Department-specific Orientation Checklist for each student. When completed, submit to Staff Development.