Diabetes: Take Control, offers both classes and individual counseling. Available instruction includes:
- Comprehensive diabetes education
- Gestational diabetes education
- Medical nutrition therapy with individual meal planning
- Diabetes nurse educator consultation
- Insulin instruction
Our program instruction has been developed according to the most recently published standards of the American Diabetes Association. These strict standards ensure you are receiving high quality instruction in an organized and effective manner. Class instruction is done by a certified diabetes nurse educator and a registered dietitian.
Topics covered in our monthly class include:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Benefits of Exercise
- Prevention of Complications
- Coping with Diabetes
- Setting Goals for Diabetes Self-Management
- Insulin Instruction
It’s Easy To Register
For more information or to register for classes, call (407) 562-0976.
Diabetes Support Group
The Central Florida Regional Hospital Diabetes Support Group meets the third Sunday of every month (except June and December) at 2:00pm in the Central Florida Regional Hospital Classroom. The group provides ongoing diabetes education and support and features a wide range of speakers and topics to assist adults living with diabetes.