Ingredients and Preparation
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place the chard in a large pot of boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. Drain and let cool a bit. Squeeze out any excess water and cut the chard into large pieces.
- Mix chard, ricotta, and 1/3 cup of each type of shredded cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté for a few minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and add tomatoes and basil. Cook for 10-15 minutes without a lid, stirring occasionally.
- Coat a 9x9-inch, or similar-sized, baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Layer first with the chard-ricotta mixture, then the noodles, and then the sauce. Repeat layers about 2 more times (or until sauces run out), finishing with tomato sauce on top. Add the milk around the pan’s edges and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered in oven for 30-35 minutes.