Guidelines for Nursing Student Orientation
To be completed prior to orientation and post-tests (or documentation of on-line completion) submitted to Staff Development:
- Orientation Self-learning Packet (PDF - 1.0 MB)
- Orientation Self-learning Pre-test (PDF - 38 KB)
- Orientation Self-learning Pre-test Answer Sheet (PDF - 68.0KB)
- Nursing Orientation Self-learning Packet (PDF - 3.35 MB)
- Nursing Orientation Self-Learning Test (PDF - 109KB)
- Nursing Orientation Self-learning Packet Answer Sheet (PDF - 65.6 KB)
- Complete HCA Code of Conduct Self-Study (PDF) at school & submit attestation of completion.
Student Orientation Class
(Date and Time to be scheduled with Leanna Howsden)
- Welcome and review Student Handbook and Guidelines (PDF - 3.35MB)
- Service Excellence/Patient Experience Training
- Meditech Training
Complete and submit documentation to Staff Development for:
- HCA Code of Conduct Self-Study Training
- Fit-testing for N95 mask
- Bedside Glucose Monitoring at CFRH Test and Competency
- Restraint Test and Competency
Go to Human Resources to have name badge made.
Tour Nursing Unit
Tour the nursing unit with instructor, completing the Department-specific Orientation Checklist for each student. When completed, submit to Staff Development.