Central Florida Regional Hospital proudly supports the education of future healthcare providers through affiliations with multiple schools. We look forward to working with the school’s faculty to help make their students’ experiences meaningful and educational.
Student Placement Process
An Affiliation Agreement between Central Florida Regional Hospital and the School requesting clinical site placement.
An Affiliation Agreement must be in place between the School and Central Florida Regional Hospital. Students should not contact the hospital directly for placement. To inquire about initiating an Affiliation Agreement, please call (407) 302-4500 ext. 35985.
At least One Month prior to the start of a clinical rotation:
- Request for Student Placement is required at least one month prior to the start of a clinical rotation
- Nursing Student Orientation needs to be scheduled at least one month prior to the start of a clinical rotation or practicum placement. Please call (407) 302-4500 ext. 35985. to schedule orientation for the Nursing Students.
All required student paperwork must be submitted by school two weeks prior to start of a clinical rotation. No student will be allowed to begin their rotation until these forms are received and the student is cleared to begin the clinical rotation.
- Student Record
Completed by an authorized representative of the school
- Statement of Responsibility
Completed by the student
- Provider Confidentiality and Security Agreement
Completed by the student
- CFRH Orientation Self-Learning Packet Post-Test (Click on the appropriate Student Orientation link below to access the packet and post-test Answer Sheet.)
- CFRH Student Nurse Self-Learning Packet Post-test (Click on the appropriate Student Orientation link below to access the packet and post-test Answer Sheet.)
Once the student is cleared for participation in clinical experiences, the following should be accomplished:
Nursing Students Only
- Completion of Code of Conduct (usually at school)
- Orientation—6 hour Nursing Student Orientation & Computer Training
All Non-Nursing Students
- Code of Conduct—one hour computer-based
- Badge creation in Human Resources—Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 4:00pm
All students are required to return their Central Florida Regional Hospital Identification Badge to Human Resources or Staff Development on the last day of their rotation at CFRH.
Student Orientation Information and Materials
In order to provide the optimum clinical experience for students, it is essential that they are sufficiently oriented to our facility and to their assigned department. Please click on the appropriate link below to access the student orientation information and materials.
Nursing School Instructor Orientation Information and Materials
New nursing school instructors are required to be oriented to our facility and the nursing units on which they will bring student groups. We have developed a comprehensive orientation for instructors as well as providing support for them to orient their students. All instructors are expected to complete the self studies that their students complete (see links above). Contact Staff Development for further orientation paperwork and instructions.
We are continually evaluating and improving our student process. We welcome and appreciate feedback about student experiences in our facility. Students and faculty are asked to complete an Evaluation Form at the end of their clinical rotations.
For additional information please contact the Clinical Education Office:
Central Florida Regional Hospital
Clinical Education Office
1401 W. Seminole Blvd
Sanford, FL 32771
Phone: (407) 302-4500 ext. 35985