HerHeart is a program designed to fight the number one killer of women, heart disease. Our goal is to inspire women to become more involved in their heart health, and give them the tools and guidance to do so effectively.
Although 1-in-4 women will die of heart disease, most are unaware of their risks until it is too late. To be certain of your risks, schedule a screening with one of our cardiologists or you can begin with our fast and easy cardiac risk profile. Knowing your numbers can save your life.
Below is a list of factors that may indicate you are at risk for heart disease. If two or more apply to you, take action!
- You have high triglycerides
- You are 55+ years or past menopause
- You exercise less than 30 minutes a day
- You have high cholesterol, high LDL or low HDL
- You are more than 20 pounds overweight
- You currently smoke or smoked for more than 20 years
- You have a family history of cardiac, stroke or circulation problems
- You had gestational diabetes or gave birth to a baby weighing over 9 pounds
- You have diabetes or need medication to control blood sugar
- You have a history of high blood pressure or blood pressure problems during pregnancy
Follow HerHeart and see where it leads you. Empower yourself to fight for your heart health. Take charge of your health and schedule a free cardiac risk profile.
Know Your Numbers
FREE Cardiac Risk Profile Screening by appointment. Fasting blood test to check triglycerides, total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and cholesterol ratio. Tues, Thurs: 7:00am - 10:00am
Call (800) 445-3392 to make your appointment.
Coronary Calcium Scoring
Central Florida Regional Hospital offers coronary calcium scoring to people who are asymptomatic for heart disease. This fast, simple test is an effective tool for early detection of heart disease and heart attack prevention. Cost for Coronary Calcium Screening is $110. Call (407) 888-7368 to make an appointment.
HerHeart Email Updates
Please enter your name, email address and the city you live in to follow HerHeart and learn about upcoming activities, events and educational opportunities to keep your heart healthy!